My periods is irregular, I have them sometimes two days, then they stop to possibly start on the fourth days and continue like for two or three days stopped, but at intercourse with my husband it comes again like that on and on, i have been experiencing that since four or five month ago.
I thought the problem might have been my hormones, i have not been able to have my baby yet. Married for nine year.
Do you have any idea what may be wrong?
An irregular menstrual cycle in the reproductive age is the result of three main groups of factors. This is the impact of the environment, problems with the reproductive system or other organs work failures, as well as failures caused by taking medications. A separate group can be distinguished changes in the hormonal background after pregnancy, childbirth, caesarean section, lactation period, miscarriage, abortion, unsuccessful IVF, in the pre-menopausal period. The main reasons for the shifts in the dates of periods are:
- External – climate change, nervous exhaustion or chronic stress, changes in diet.
- Hormonal causes. The first symptoms of such disorders are weight gain and hair growth in unusual places (chest, breast, stomach, etc.).
- Problems with the reproductive or other systems – ovaries, uterus, liver, gallbladder and adrenal glands.
- Pathological disturbances of pituitary and hypothalamus interaction, blood clotting process, endocrine disorders, hormone-dependent tumors, oncological diseases, deficiency of vitamins and other significant compounds for metabolic processes, consequences of bad habits (smoking, drug addiction, alcoholism).
- Hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants, glucocorticosteroids, anticoagulants and other drugs intake.
I advise you to contact the gynecologist as soon as possible.